You’ve probably heard some nasty rumors about some of your favorite fast food joints over the years, but we’re here to separate fact from drive-thru fiction by debunking some of the fast food myths out there. Here’s what everyone gets wrong.
MYTH: Chicken McNuggets are made from “Pink Slime.” There was a rumor going around that McNuggets were made from “pink slime,” which is a meat by-product. But McDonald’s Canada debunked it when they released a video showing the McNugget making process. They’re actually made with boneless white meat, spices, and seasonings, no pink goo.
MYTH: Taco Bell uses Grade D beef. First of all, there’s no such thing as “Grade D” beef based on FDA standards. And back in 2011 Taco Bell confirmed that its beef is made up of 88% actual beef, and the other 12% of the ingredients are “completely safe and FDA-approved.”
MYTH: The name Arby’s is the phonetic spelling of “R.B.” for roast beef. A lot of folks think the sandwich chain that has the meats is named after its signature roast beef, but according to their website, the name comes from company founders, Leroy and Forrest Raffel, aka the Raffel Brothers, “RB” or “Arby” for short.
MYTH: Fast food never spoils or rots. You may have heard that your extra value meal was immortal, but it’s just not true. Some believe that preservatives and chemicals in fast food mean it won’t ever decay, but it’s real food that’ll break down over time like anything else you eat.
Source: Taste of Home