We all have our favorites at Starbucks, but it’s always exciting when they add something new to the menu. Some additions we can happily pass on - we’re looking at you Unicorn Frappuccino - but sometimes we get lucky and a new favorite is discovered. Here are some of the best new releases from Starbucks in 2017.
- Cookie Butter Bar - Need we say more? It’s a rich, buttery baked dessert with a layer of crunchy cookie butter and a smooth vanilla cream cheese frosting. No wonder it tops the list.
- Matcha Pink Drink - This drink comes from the secret menu at Starbucks, so it’s not on the official menu and may look different when you order it. But folks love the flavor of the blend of tartness, sweetness, and matcha in this one.
- Sous Vide Egg Bites - These are little protein bites you can eat on the go for the perfect last-minute breakfast.
- Iced Cinnamon Almondmilk Macchiato - You don’t have to be dairy-free to enjoy the nuttiness the almond milk adds to the cinnamon-goodness in this macchiato.
- Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato - This drink is so sinfully good, it’s more of a treat than an everyday beverage. The sweet coconut milk, white chocolate mocha sauce, and caramel drizzle make for an incredibly tasty coffee drink.
- Cascara Latte - This menu newbie is an espresso-based drink that’s inspired by the fruit coffee beans come from, coffee cherries. Cascara means husk or shell in Spanish, referring to the outer part of the coffee cherry that holds the coffee bean. The latte has a syrup made from the coffee cherry extract, caramel, and cane sugars, so it’s smooth and not overly sweet.