We’re used to vending machines being filled with cheap convenient snacks and drinks that will do in a pinch, but that’s just the beginning. Across the world there are vending machines cooking up all kinds of foods and delivering them in an instant. Here are some of the strangest finds:
- Pet Food - Sounds strange, but this machine was designed to feed stray pets in urban areas, so it’s helping animals on the streets.
- Italian Pasta - There’s a Barilla vending machine that will cook pasta with sauce for you in a flash. Of course, it’s not as cheap as making pasta at home, but it could save you if you forgot your lunch one day.
- Fried Foods - Apparently, you can get fried chicken from some Japanese vending machines. Yep, fried chicken and we have so many questions about that.
- Cupcakes - There’s a cupcake ATM at Sprinkles cupcakes in Los Angeles that even lets you customize your sweet treat and delivers it in a fancy box.
- Burritos - This speedy burrito machine lets you choose toppings and even plays music while you wait.
- Mashed Potatoes - Love mashed potatoes but need them in a minute flat? Then this machine at a 7-Eleven in Singapore is perfect for you. It spits out a cup of mashed potatoes, topped with gravy in just 60 seconds.
- Crepes - This unique vending machine is also from Japan and it allows you to choose flavors like custard, caramel, and Hershey’s chocolate for your portable treat. Yum!