Woman Gets Severe Burn From KFC Gravy

posted by Randy Bigley - 

A UK woman who grabbed dinner at KFC before heading to a family birthday party is now regretting her decision to stop in.

Beth Smale ordered a bucket of chicken and got a side of gravy that came in a to-go container. She picked up the gravy after sitting down to eat but it was so hot she quickly put it down, That’s when it fell on its side and poured onto Smale’s exposed lap.

A six inch swath of skin immediately bubbled and burned. The 22-year-old went to an urgent care center where the blisters were popped and two layers of skin removed from the area; she had second degree burns.

Six weeks later, the scar is there but she’s found out KFC’s insurance company won’t cover her medical bills. But she did get a 20 dollar voucher. So, Smale is going public and pursuing the case. She doesn’t want anyone else to go through what she has.

For its part, Janet Cox of KFC UK and Ireland says “We take health and safety seriously, so were very disappointed to hear about this. We’re really sorry that Beth has been hurt, and are looking into this with our franchise partner.”

Source: The Sun

Randy Bigley

Randy Bigley

Want to know more about Randy Bigley? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 1490 WMRN-AM! Read more

title

Content Goes Here