Nothing channels your inner face palm emoji like a text from your dad or aunt where they're not only using emojis, but using them in such an inappropriate way that you can't help but screenshot that conversation and send it to all your friends for a genuine LOL. Other times, you throw your phone out the window after receiving a text filled with eggplant and peach emojis from your mom, your brain permanently scarred.
A study published in Great Senior Living asked 500 people over the age of 55 exactly what they thought some of the most popular and most grossly misused emojis actually mean. If you've ever found yourself in one of the situations described above, then these results will not be terribly shocking. But, they're still hilarious, nonetheless.
Here's some of the most notable results:
- Just about 80% of the participants said they used emojis when texting.
- 18% of participants thought the poop emoji meant ice cream.
- Another 5% thought the poop emoji was a Hershey's Kiss.
- Only 30% of the participants thought the eggplant emoji referenced anything sexual.
- 42% thought that the peach emoji meant "feeling peachy."