Marion, Ohio - The Marion Palace Theatre staff and management is pleased to announce more large-scale acts will be added to the theatre’s 93rd season entertainment schedule.
The hit musical comedy series, CHURCH BASEMENT LADIES, makes a return to the Palace stage on Saturday, April 23, 2022. Celebrating 20-years of bringing good, clean laughs and memorable characters to life on stage, this professional touring troupe reintroduces audiences to the original installment that started it all.
BRITBEAT, America’s Premier Tribute to the Beatles will take the historic Palace stage on Friday, May 6, 2022. Performed along with a backdrop of moving multimedia, this immersive concert experience takes audience members on a journey through the Beatles music history. From their early days at the Cavern Club and their debut on the Ed Sullivan Show to the psychedelic Sgt. Pepper era and Abbey Road, this must-see event is for Beatles music fans of all ages.
Current Palace members may now purchase tickets for Church Basement Ladies and BritBeat. The public may purchase tickets to these two shows beginning Monday, November 8 at 9:00 a.m.
In addition to the shows mentioned above, the Palace will also host main stage concerts: Amy Grant and Debby Boone; Palace Productions of “Christmas at the Palace,” “Back to the Eighties,” and “Clue on Stage,” along with Music in the May events Hey Mavis Dueling Pianos, and The GeezeCats. Event dates, show times, ticket prices, and synopsis are listed below.
Tickets may be ordered during box office hours by phone (740) 383-2101, in person at 276 W Center Street, downtown Marion, or 24/7 online marionpalace.org. Fees apply for online purchases. Box office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
2021-2022 Touring Artists on the Main Stage
- Amy Grant – Friday, November 5, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. – Six-time Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter Amy Grant takes the Palace stage to perform her timeless hits, “Baby, Baby,” “El Shaddai” “Every Heartbeat,” and more. Sponsored by Alluvial Private Wealth. $32, $39, $47, $54. (NEARING SELLOUT)
- Debby Boone’s White Christmas – Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 3 p.m. – Three-time Grammy award winning artist delivers a jubilant holiday celebration through story and yuletide songs including her 1977 fan favorite, “You Light Up My Life.” Sponsored by Whirlpool Corporation. $27, $32, $37, $42.
- The Church Basement Ladies – Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. – Your favorite unsung heroes of the church basement return to the Palace with the original installment of their hit musical comical series. With good, clean laughs and memorable characters, this show is heavenly fun for all. Sponsored by Union Bank. $28, $32, $37.
- BritBeat – Friday, May 6, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. – With mop tops, retro costumes, vintage instruments and harmonizing vocals, the band performs all the Beatles hits from the sixties. The entire concert plays to the backdrop of immersive and captivating moving multimedia that intertwines with the moods and emotions of the Beatles’ iconic music catalog. $20, $25, $30
2021-2022 Palace Productions on the Main Stage
- “Christmas at the Palace” - December 3, 4, & 5, 2021. - Directed by Clare Cooke, this variety show featuring local community members, has become one of Marion’s favorite holiday traditions. Sponsored by First Citizens National Bank and Marion OB/GYN, Dr. David and Jude Foulk. $22 Adult; $12 Child age 12 & younger.
- “Back to the Eighties” - February 18, 19, & 20, 2022. - Directed by Emily Yaksic and performed by a cast of local youth, this parody stage production travels back in time to an era filled with 80s pop culture. Sponsored by Pillar Credit Union. $19 Adult; $12 Child age 12 & younger.
- “Clue On Stage” – Friday, April 1 and Saturday, April 2, 2022. – Emily Yaksic directs this family friendly comedy that will keep you guessing until the final twist. A local cast portrays the cult classic characters known as Scarlet, Plum, White, Green, Peacock, and Mustard as they race to find a murderer. Sponsored by Premier Bank. $22.
2021-2022 Music in the May Series
- Hey Mavis – Friday, January 14, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. – This Cuyahoga Valley quartet connects with audiences across the globe who enjoy a soulful mix of original Appalachian Americana music. Sponsored by Ted Graham. $16.
- Dueling Pianos – Saturday, February 12 at 6 p.m. - Whether you’re in the mood for Journey or Lady Gaga – you say it, they play it. Howl’s entertainers go head to head singing and playing your favorite music requests from the classics to today’s hits. Sponsored by Merrill Lynch, Kit Fogle, CPFA. $25.
- The GeezeCats – Friday, May 20, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. – This Cleveland, Ohio based band delivers a concert filled with harmony and hilarity featuring the classic songs of the late ’50s and early ’60s. Sponsored by Marion Logistics Services. $16.