LifeCare Alliance, the Midwest’s leading provider of Meals-on-Wheels, is pleased to announce they are the recipient of $200,000 grant from OhioHealth for program expansion. LifeCare Alliance will utilize the additional funding to extend its continuum of care for OhioHealth patients and residents in the communities of Marion, Delaware, Richland, Hardin and Athens Counties. The services OhioHealth will support with this funding include:
* Marion County Meals-on-Wheels: To support of unfunded meals to older adults and individuals living with a medical challenge or disability.
* Marion County Wellness and Nutrition Services: To support weight loss classes and/or other lunch and learn sessions at OhioHealth’s Marion General Hospital, and expanded nurse and dietitian interventions in the community.
* Columbus Cancer Clinic: To support the expansion of the Home Care Support program to OhioHealth regional communities, including Marion, Delaware, Richland, Hardin, and Athens Counties.
* Project OpenHand-Columbus: To support the expansion of food and nutrition services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS in OhioHealth regional communities, including Marion, Delaware, Richland, Hardin, and Athens Counties.
* Community Health Worker Support: To provide Community Health Worker support for outreach, assessments, and delivery of services.