Detectives from the MARMET / METRICH Drug Task, along with the Marion Special Response Team, Marion Police Department, and Marion County Sheriff’s Office, completed an investigation Wednesday into the trafficking of heroin and crack cocaine by a group from Chicago.
The investigation concluded on January 29, 2014 when officers served a search warrant in the 550 block of Universal Avenue. During the search, investigators seized 99 bindles of heroin, 4.5 grams of crack cocaine, various pills, and $600 in cash. A stolen 1996 Buick was located on the property as well.
Those arrested included:
- Kierre D. Waterford, 24, of Lansing, IL, for Possession of Crack Cocaine, Possession of Heroin, Receiving Stolen Property, and Parole Violation from Cook County, IL.
- Kevin Jackson, 22, of Marion (formally from Chicago), for Possession of Crack Cocaine, Possession of Heroin, and Bond Violation.
- Darel Williams, 21, of Harvey, IL, for Trafficking in Heroin, Possession of Heroin, and Possession of Crack Cocaine.
- Omar Burks, 23, of Harvey, IL, for Trafficking in Heroin, Possession of Heroin, Possession of Crack Cocaine, and Bond Violation.
- Mason Fry, 21, of Marion, for Trafficking in Heroin, Possession of Heroin, and Possession of Crack Cocaine.
- Tamara Hudkins, 39, of Marion, for an outstanding warrant.
Lt. Chris Adkins of MARMET said that some of the individuals arrested were out on bond for similar crimes in Marion. He said that one was out on bond for weapons charges and the other was just arrested in the last few months after a search warrant was served on an apartment where he was living.
“With great investigative work and tips from the Marion community the drug task force will continue to arrest those that choose to come to Marion to sell drugs,” stated Lt. Adkins.
Lt. Adkins asked that the public continue to use the TIPS Line at 740-375-TIPS.