An early morning fire of Monday left three families homeless. The fire began in a common storage area on the first floor of the two-story apartment building at 4321 Morrow County Road 124. Firefighters were dispatched at 5:27 a.m. Crew members on the first engine that arrived saw flames coming out of the building.


Two investigators for the Division of the State Fire Marshal are investigating. According to reports the fire does not seem to be suspicious. The damage estimate from the fire is $320,000. Everyone got out safely and the American Red Cross is providing the families with temporary housing to get through Christmas.